Surly Karate Monkey - MTB frame kit hi-viz blackThe Karate Monkey was one of the first 29ers. It featured the 29-inch platform in front of many... more
Surly Karate Monkey - MTB frame kit hi-viz black
The Karate Monkey was one of the first 29ers. It featured the 29-inch platform in front of many people at a price within reach of many bike nerds. Since then, 29 "has grown into a full-blown category dedicated to all platform bike manufacturers. In contrast to the old 26-inch standard wheels, 29-inch wheels have unique advantages: they offer more traction and smooth the terrain and are general more appropriate Tall rider, the karate monkey helped set the standard for 29er geometry, while the jammed rear wheel provides maneuverability and rigidity, while the lack of shifting elements keeps the bike simple.
- 29 "/27.5+ MTB frame
- available frame sizes: S / 16 ", M / 18", L / 20 "
- Material: 4130 CroMoly, double butted main frame, TIG welded
- Electrocoating against rust
- Incl. 11/8 "Karate Monkey fork with disc mount
- Front installation width: 15 x 110 mm
- Rear installation width: Gnot Boost - suitable for 135, 142 and 148mm
- Horizontal dropouts
- 51 mm IS disc brake mount on frame and fork
- Eyelets for bottle cages, rack and fender mounting
- Seat post dimension: 30.9 mm, stealth dropper compatible
- Front derailleur: 34.9 mm, direct mount
- Bottom bracket housing: 73 mm BSA
- Chainring size: max. 48 teeth
- Max. Brake disc size: 180 mm
- Max. Tire clearance: 27.5 x 3.0 "or 29 x 2.5"
- Max. Chainring size: double 24/34 teeth, 24/36 teeth with Boost, single 28 teeth and 32 teeth with Boost
- Incl. Surly seat clamp 33.1 mm
With Gnot Boost, rear wheels with an installation width of 12 x 142 mm or 12 x 148 mm can be installed, since the frame makes this possible by clamping or spreading. An additional adapter is required when using a 135 mm rear wheel.
|Bike Size||27.5 inches, 29 inches|
Supplier number: FM0316
Sorry, there is no entry at this time