Trek Precaliber 24 8-speed suspension fork - Magenta
The Precaliber 24 8-speed is a versatile kids bike for young adventurers who like to go off-road off paved trails. It is based on a robust yet lightweight aluminium frame with a powerful suspension fork and 8-speed gears to jet home from school, chase through the forest and explore trails and country lanes with the family. For kids 8 to 12 years old and between 129 and 150 cm.
It's the right bike for you if you love exploring the great outdoors on two wheels and your kid loves to accompany you on your adventures. You're looking for a quality kids' bike for off-roading that's comfortable, durable, and equipped with trail-ready components.
This is what you get
A lightweight aluminum frame, easy-to-use 8-speed Shimano gears, and a fork with 45mm of travel to absorb bumps and bruises. It also has a side stand, mounting options for a luggage rack, and a saddle with an integrated handle that can be replaced with a taillight mount. Everything about this bike is built to last, so it can be passed down to younger siblings while still feeling like new.
Our final word
This sturdy, high-quality bike promotes fun riding and riding technique on the trail. In particular, the shock-absorbing suspension fork and 8-speed gears make it perfect for kids who want to start mountain biking.
Why you'll love it
- This bike has the potential to get your youngster hooked on a lifelong hobby that's healthy, eco-friendly and huge fun
- The intuitive twist grip shifter allows for easy gear changes over varied terrain
- The handle integrated into the saddle can be replaced with an integrated rear light mount to increase visibility on family rides and solo excursions
- As with all Precaliber models, the frame is lower so kids can stand over the bike and get on and off more easily
- It pays to invest in a kids bike from an established bike brand - Trek's kids bikes are assembled by people who know their stuff
- Customer information: proper assembly by a mechanic is strongly recommended!
- Frame: Alpha Silver aluminum, luggage rack eyelets, sidestand mount, replaceable derailleur hanger, 135 x 5 mm quick-release axle
- Fork: Dialed suspension fork, 45 mm travel
- VR hub: Aluminum, 100 mm, bolt-on
- HR hub: Joytech, aluminum, 8-speed, 135 mm, nut-on
- Rim: 24'', 32 hole, aluminum
- Spokes: 14 g, stainless steel
- Tire: Bontrager XR1, wire bead core, 27 TPI, 24 x 2.25
- Shift lever: Shimano Tourney RS45, 8-speed twist shifter
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Tourney TX80
- Crank: ProWheel, aluminium, steel chainring (32 T.) with double chain guard, 152 mm length
- Bottom bracket: square axle, 68 mm, sealed cartridge bearing
- Cassette: SunRace MFM56l, 13-34 T., 8-speed
- Chain: KMC Z8.3
- Pedal: Kids Satellite, 9/16'' thread
- Saddle: Kids, padded, integrated seatpost, with grip
- Handlebar: Bontrager Kids, aluminum
- *GripsSize: 24'' Kids wheel, 92/125 mm length, Black
- Stem: Bontrager Approved, aluminum, 25.4mm clamp diameter, 15 degree rise, 60mm
- Headset: Adjustable ball bearing, threadless
- Brake: aluminium, V-brake
- Brake lever: Kids, aluminum
- Weight: 11.93 kg
- Max. Weight: This bike has a maximum weight limit (bike, rider and load) of 80 kg.