Galfer SHARK® brake disc
Galfer brings with its new and innovative Shark Disc® the most perfect MTB brake disc of our time on the market. Through the innovative production process, with the help of a laser cutter, the optimal design for best possible performance is achieved. One of the most important unique selling points are the internal Shark Fins (cooling fins), which give the disc its name: Shark Disc®. In the interaction of the Fins with the many small holes in the disc, heat generation can be reduced while the outer shaft design and the side openings allow a strong and consistent braking performance..
- Higher braking power: the Shark Disc® design allows braking with less pressure and therefore less effort, even in fatiguing conditions. This results in 5-10% higher braking performance under normal conditions .
- More stability: even in the most adverse temperature conditions (steep descents, high-speed tracks, high outside temperature and high weight), the Shark Disc® maintains a stable and consistent performance. The design is adapted to the different disc diameters to achieve the same stiffness in each case .
- Lower heat generation: the Shark Disc® drastically reduces operating temperature - by 30% compared to similar brake discs on the market - and is manufactured from one piece to achieve better performance .
- Lower brake pad wear: under common conditions, brake pad life is 25%-40% longer .
- Lower weight: the Shark Disc® is lighter than most high-end brake discs on the market - thanks to the optimized design of both the rotor and the mount .
- For e-bikes: integrated magnetic mount for speed sensors in the brake disc .
- Recording: 6 hole
- Thickness: 2.0 mm
- Sizes: 180 mm, 203 mm, 223 mm
- Weight: 127 g, 174 g, 237 g
|Disc recording||IS2000 - 6-hole|
|Disc diameter||180 mm, 203 mm, 223 mm|