SON Edelux II-hanging LED headlight for hub dynamos silver polished
With a brand-new light-emitting diode and the reflector newly developed by lighting technology specialists Busch und Müller, the Edelux II literally outshines its five-year older brother. The light field is twice as wide, even better focused in the distance and has a uniformly illuminated near field that starts close to the front wheel (see pictures).
The graphic on the left (light distribution on the road viewed from above) shows a uniformly bright area from about 2 m to 20 m to the front, which makes it possible to detect obstacles in the distance at an early stage, even when riding fast.
Upwards, the light cone is well dimmed, which oncoming road users are pleased about. The Edelux II's solid aluminium housing ensures mechanical durability and is waterproof sealed with a scratch-resistant, anti-reflective glass lens. The magnetic shift ring allows comfortable shifting, even with gloves. For connection to the hub dynamo, the proven SON coaxial cable is used.
The LED sits on a copper heat sink, which is screwed directly to the headlight housing. This perfect cooling is a prerequisite for the good efficiency and a long service life.
Cable length 140 cm: plug supplied loose
- Upward dimmed light cone
- Waterproof, with scratch-resistant and anti-reflective glass pane
- Light source: 3 watt high-power LED (>100 lm/W)
- Test mark: ~~ K 607
- Cable: coaxial cable, PVC-free, Ø 3 mm diameter,
- Cable length 36 cm, 60 cm, ready for connection to SON, alternatively 140 cm with loose cable lugs
- Tail light connection: flat plug 2.8 mm and ring cable lug (enclosed)
- Switch: switch ring with magnet, reed contact
- Functions: Light sensor automatic, capacitor parking light
- Sealing: two O-rings, encapsulated electronics
- Housing: aluminum 6082 T6
- Included: stainless steel lamp holder and connection material
- Weight: 85 g (without accessories)
We give a 5-year warranty on the function of our hub dynamos, headlights, taillights and wheels from the date of purchase from a specialist dealer.
The warranty does not apply to damage caused by normal wear and tear, improper use or force (such as an accident).
In the event of a warranty claim, we will repair the product at our discretion or replace it with an equivalent product.
We will also carry out the re-spoking of a defective hub dynamo in the event of a warranty claim at our expense.
Further claims are excluded.
Your statutory warranty rights remain unaffected.
To make a claim under the warranty, please contact your specialist dealer.